Electrical System Repair Services
Semi trucks and trailers can experience a vast range of electrical system problems. The mechanics at Carlos Truck Electric have the experience to diagnose your problem and implement long-lasting, effective solutions. Our team sees a variety of electrical problems in semis and trailers. We’re happy to work with drivers in determining their truck’s issues. Once we know the cause, we can provide semi truck and trailer electrical system repairs.
Our semi truck and trailer electrical system repairs are extensive, with some of the most common covering:
- Electronic control unit (ECU/ECM)
- Circuit protection devices
- And many more
If you suspect or know your truck or trailer is experiencing electrical problems, get in touch with Carlos Truck Electric today for immediate repairs.
Maintaining Trailer Electrical Systems
Knowing how to prevent trailer electrical systems will help you save money and stay on the road for longer. There are many maintenance tasks you can implement to prevent future electrical problems. We recommend you incorporate these maintenance tips on your own to prevent any hassle in the future. Of course, you’re always welcome to have the mechanics at Carlos Truck Electric handle any maintenance you may need.
Try these steps for maintaining trailer electrical systems:
- Inspect Cable Routing: A common problem with wiring is chaffing and vibration-related damage. These actions can lead to the exposure of wiring, which causes electrical issues. Check to make sure the routing of your cables is adequate and reduces the chance of chaffing or vibration damage.
- Inspect for Corrosion: Corrosion is common and natural as wiring ages. However, you can reduce the process by ensuring your wires are adequately protected. When performing inspections, ensure your wiring is not exposed. Any early signs of corrosion can be brushed cleaned, while a professional should replace more advanced corrosion.
- Inspect Connectors: Lastly, check those connectors for potential problems. They can easily become damaged during long treks. Before inspecting for damage, ensure they are properly connected to the truck. From there, you can check for corrosion, wear and tear, or exposed wiring. Any of these signs should prompt a semi truck and trailer electrical system repair.
Do You Require Semi Truck Electrical System Maintenance?
Carlos Truck Electric offers electrical maintenance for semi trucks and trailers. Our mechanics are highly experienced in performing diagnostics and repairs for electrical-related problems. In fact, semi truck electrical system repairs are our specialty!
To contact our mechanics, give us a call at (832) 705-4889 or (832) 705-4887. You may also book an appointment online. The longer you go with electrical problems, the more liable your vehicle becomes. Ensure your safety and the safety of others with semi truck and trailer electrical system repairs. Bring your truck or trailer in today, or contact us for roadside assistance.